Hello Parents and Students,
I am happy and excited to be your child’s fifth grade teacher this year. This will be my twenty-first year teaching at Loomis Grammar School, and I feel that your student is at an extraordinary school! Fifth grade is an important year for students. We will strengthen the skills students have developed from their previous school experience, as well as work on organization, study habits, and building a sense of student responsibility for independent learning.
Here are a few facts about myself:
1. I love being a teacher! Teaching is the best job in the world. The only other profession I would consider is being an author. Sometime in the far future when I have more time, I will finish one of the several books I have started writing.
2. I am a chocolate fanatic. The sweet, velvety treat is hard for me to resist.
3. I can be seen among many different athletic fields in the surrounding Loomis area watching my four children play soccer or baseball. I can also be found at the UC Davis baseball field watching my husband coach college baseball.
4. Social Studies is my favorite subject. I love learning about geography and the American Revolution. I hope you will too.
5. Besides being with my children and husband, I love taking hikes with my two puppies up by Donner Lake.
Here's to a successful year!